Let’s Go Surfing!
* Due to colder water and less predictable surf conditions Surf Asylum will be closed to private lessons from Nov. 16, 2017 to March 16, 2018. We look forward to surfing with you again spring of 2018.
Surf lessons are provided year round, seven days a week, to students of all ages and ability levels. Lessons are given by First Aid and CPR Certified instructors and are designed to be fun, confidence building and informative. Our instructors make location recommendations based on their knowledge of local conditions to provide a safe and enjoyable experience. Lessons can be held anywhere in Fernandina Beach.
Beginner lessons go beyond the basics of standing up. Students will learn the different parts of a surfboard and their function, proper paddling and popping up techniques, ocean awareness and water safety. Instructors are happy to offer recommendations on proper equipment and surf locations once the student is ready to surf independently.
Advanced lessons are designed for students wanting to progress, from perfecting a proper bottom turn to setting up for a barrel or noseriding, there is always room to improve in surfing. Our instructors have a wide range of knowledge, from competition level shortboarding to classic longboarding. Lessons include an assessment of the student’s ability and goals, coaching and guidance in and out of the water and an action plan for further development. Filming of advanced lessons is available at an additional cost.
1 Hour Private Lessons – $70
(3 Lesson Package Deal – $175)
– 2 surfers, $60 per person
– 3+ surfers, $50 per person
2 Hour Special Events
(Birthdays Parties, Family Reunions, Corporate Events)
– $300 up to 6 people
– $30 each additional person
Surfboards and rashguards are provided for all lessons.
* Ask about our discounts for military and county residents!
* Special Rates available for Church, Scout, Youth Groups, etc.
Book your lesson today! 904-583-4230, email@example.com